Monday, January 22, 2007

What Are Your Strengths?

It is perhaps the most anticipated question, during an interview. I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure most managers have no idea what they want to hear. Although different jobs have different needs, there are 3 Strengths, which will propel any ordinary individual to become an Outstanding employee.

Here is a list of 10 Strengths voted as most important by 50 outstanding managers from various industries. They are not arranged in any order. Let me know what you think is the Most Important Strength. Feel free to drop me a note too, if you feel strongly about a Strength not listed below.

  1. Creativity
  2. Flexibility
  3. Responsibility
  4. Passion
  5. Team-work
  6. Proactive
  7. Dedication
  8. Interpersonal Abilities
  9. Multi-Tasking
  10. People Skill

2 comments:

TIMMGuru said...

1. Creativity
2. Flexibility
3. Responsibility
4. Passion
5. Team-work
6. Proactive
7. Dedication
8. Interpersonal Abilities
9. Multi-Tasking
10. People Skill

I'll vote for passion, dedication and responsibility. However, 99% of the time we do not get passion and dedication, so gotta settle for responsiblity.

Henry, I think you are getting it - using blog as an interactive media to engage your readers!

Please visit http://www.blogopreneur.com to learn more about blogging and I hope to see you on the 29 Jan 2007 at Kian Ann's seminar on blog marketing.

Henry Huang said...

Hi Shi, thanks for your one and only vote. I wish I can have time to switch to WordPress to allow easier commenting. I think I must have made a mistake in writing 8. Interpersonal Abilities and then re-phrasing it as 10. People Skill. Alas, maybe its a good idea for me to switch over to WordPress, and then leave this one out completely.